Frozen bread dough is the convenient base for this herb-flavoured flat italian bread.
Preparation time + Baking Time: 15 min + 30 min.
1. 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough,thawed
2. 1 tablespoons olive oil
3. 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
4. 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon died rosemary,crushed
5. 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , softened
6. 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
7. 1 garlic clove,minced
8. 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
9. 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
10.1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
11. 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
On a slightly floured surface,roll dough into a 15-inches x 10-inches rectangle.Place in a greased baking pan of 1 inch thickness.Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Using your fingertips,press indentations in the dough.Brush with oil,sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.Cool slightly.
In a large bowl,combine the cream cheese,onion and garlic.Spread over crust.Top with mushrooms,tomatoes and zucchini,sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 20 slices.